Artifact 1: Class Website

Over the summer, I created a class website for my students.  This website is a way for me to communicate with the students and the parents outside of the classroom.  By using my class website as an artifact for Teaching Dispositions (DM 6), I am showing that I understand that having a relationship with my students as well as their family is key to helping them learn and grow throughout the school year.  My class website provides the student and their family with information about what is going on in our classroom each week, as well as useful websites that they can link to from the class blog.  The website links on the blog provide the students with many links that will help them to learn and to gain a deeper understanding of the curriculum that will be taught in our classroom.  By providing them with this information, I am giving them with the opportunity to extend the learning that we are doing in the classroom into their homes.

Mrs. Simonson's Class Blog